Edited by Jeff Pardo
The devil is in the details--and so is the TRIVIA!
If you enjoy the TV show Jeopardy or Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, youīll probably want to test your knowledge on these.
The questions arenīt just from the aviation and space arenas, but most of them are. Still, give `em a crack and see how you do.
Sorry, no million dollars if you get them all right. But if you do well, consider yourself pretty smart. Or maybe you just have too much time on your hands. (Just kidding!)
* * *
AEROSPACE TRIVIA QUIZ
1) Which American fighter originally had a downward ejecting seat?
2) Which American Navy fighter experimented with a system that involved jettisoning the entire forward fuselage with cockpit?
3) Was an ejection seat ever used in a spacecraft?
4) How many parts make up a Martin Baker M-14 ejection seat?
5) Which of the below was NOT used to test ejection seats?
6) Which American spacecraft had an ejection-seat system?
7) How high will a zero-zero ejection seat rise when fired with a human subject?
8) In a zero-zero ejection, how long does it take your parachute to fully open?
9) How many times have ejection seats been used?
10) True or false:
Some planes cannot jettison the canopy, so they use explosives to shatter it and allow a proper ejection.